Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Greatest Hits - Armando

Armando Teran Jr. – Greatest Hits
Good luck with the rest of the semester! It’s almost over, thank goodness. I’ve picked some “greatest hits” of yours and talked about them below but I thought I’d give some general feedback. Your posts throughout the semester seem to be very informative, you write clearly and your writing is easy to follow as a reader. I noticed that sometimes your posts jump from informative to opinionated very quickly, opinions are great but maybe adding more of a transition in your organizational process would help adapt the reader. Overall I enjoyed reading your blog and wish you the best of luck with the rest of the semester.

Directed Free Write/Page 443
I chose this as one of your greatest hits because this post has fantastic voice. Your ideas and opinions come through loud and clear without being overly opinionated. On top of the great writing in the post, the organization is perfect – you introduce the topic, orient the reader and then explain your views. Great job.

Prompt 1/Page 418
This post is a perfect example of good organization in writing. The explanation of materialism is genuine and the writing is easy for a reader to follow. You were able to use in-text citations accurately and they supported all of your claims but were not used excessively. You mentioned that you wrote your essay 3 on the topic of materialism and I’m glad you did because this is one of the better blog posts that I have read throughout the semester.

Strange Comparisons
I really enjoyed reading this post. You were able to take our assigned reading, interpret it and then clearly express your opposing view points. I also enjoyed that you aren’t afraid to say how you feel in your writing, you never sugarcoat what you mean to say and it really shows through in your writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment