Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Week 6 Blog Reviews

First off, hello! I'm excited to be part of a new group for unit 2 and to be able to read other blogs.


Amber:
Real Wild Women
I found your Real Wild Women blog post to be super easy to read and very informative. I have seen (and own!) Mr. and Mrs. Smith but if I had not, I still would have been able to understand your post on an intellectual level. You did a great overview of the movie without taking the summary too far and then related it back to the articles. Great job!


The American Family
This blog post has a great introduction and you really develop what you believe to be true about american families. Although, I sort of feel like the post just ends without any kind of conclusion of ideas or final thought. The post ends by talking about money and how it affects the family but there is no concrete ending to that thought. It seems like a great start to a bigger piece of work though - I would just suggest a little bit more development of a main thesis or idea.


Jordan: 
Real Wild Women/Wild Real Men
I really enjoyed reading this post. Your thoughts were clear and well-organized. You took specific examples from the show and related them back to the articles to support your claims. Although I am not familiar with the show Chuck I was able to follow your essay and understand the point you were trying to get across. My only suggestion would be to be a little bit more specific with your examples from both the show and the book.


Hidden Histories
This post contains a lot of opinions without the support from textbooks or outside sources that is needed to back-up the claims. I didn't recognize a clear thesis or main idea and the flow of the paragraph was a little jumpy. I'd recommend a little better development of ideas along with textual support of outside sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment