Monday, September 13, 2010

Week 4 Blog Reviews

Lauren Spencer:
Robotic Beings Rule the World
I enjoyed reading about your viewpoint on artificial intelligence and how you feel machines can never be smarter than humans. I would only suggest that you create more of a central thesis in your writing; if you can stem from one central idea your writing will be able to mesh better. With this robot post I felt your ideas were a bit scattered and it was hard to find sentences that related to other sentences. Although you were able to express your opinion, it was a bit hard to follow as a reader. 


Cristina My Sister
I loved everything about this Frida Kahlo post and you wrote about her art so beautifully. You were able to not only describe the physical painting but also analyze and interpret the meaning behind the piece. Good job!


Jacqueline Pridgett:
Can Machines Think?
This article started out very strong and clear - you stated what Wright believes and how your views are opposing. You used fantastic direct quotes from the reading to support your ideas. But the last paragraph threw me, there was a whole new topic of God and conciousness introduced when I thought you'd be talking more about computers/machines thinking. Although your ideas about God and consciousness are intriguing, the paragraph was not transitioned well in to the earlier part of your post. My only suggestion is to keep one central idea and conclude it before starting another. I have no doubts that your writing will be fantastic. 


The Broken Column
This post was fantastic, your writing was wonderfully descriptive and I could really see and understand what you were describing. Your image did not show up in my browser, it may just be a glitch but you did such an awesome job of describing the painting that I did not even need the visual aid. 


Tasha Cerimeli: 
Can Computers Think?
Your post was just phenomenal. Seriously, I have no constructive criticism or thoughts other than this was amazing and well-versed. Everything flowed nicely. Your transitions and strong sense of personal voice made this post extremely easy to read and interesting.


My Grandparents, My Parents, and I
You did a wonderful job of describing the physical painting and every detail was mentioned. I wish you had talked a little bit more about how you personally interpreted the painting and what feelings were brought up when you look at the painting. You analyzed the painting with a great objective standpoint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment