Thursday, August 19, 2010

Background Check

I'll try not to be too repetitive because my basic facts are written in my About Me section.

My name is Katherine but I like to be called Katie - there was also a short time when I like to be called Kate so I'll answer to both. I have fallen in to the habit of punctuating my text with smileys and other things like that, I'll try to refrain but sometimes it slips :) I'm 20 years young and my birthday is just around the corner (Sept. 21st). I was born in New York and lived there with my family until I was seven and my parents decided to move to Arizona. I used to hate this state but the piercing rays of sun have started to grow on me. I love the west coast and the northwestern part of our country and would one day love to live in Seattle, Washington or Portland, Oregon.

My boyfriend Tyler and I in California this past summer

My sister (Erica) and I live in an apartment in Paradise Valley with her seven year old son. My sister is my best friend and has been my support system for a very long time. She is a great cook and I love cooking and baking with her. She has a puppy that is a  maltese/poodle mix named Bella and I have a cat named Charlotte. Charlotte is a brat most of the time but I love her to death. I also have a boyfriend who is at my apartment most of the time, his name is Tyler and he is a senior at ASU also.
Charlotte

I am a senior at ASU and am studying Speech & Hearing Sciences. I started my university career at the University of Arizona (shhhh) and spent 3 semesters there before I was ready to move back home. Luckily the transfer didn't affect my graduation date too much, my expected graduation is December 2011. After graduating with my undergraduate degree, I plan on attending graduate school to become and audiologist. It is a four year graduate program but I feel like that is what I am really passionate about. I have recently started taking the valley light rail into campus and I love meeting new people on my commute. 

I am currently employed at Romano's Macaroni Grill and have been there one year. Originally I started out as a hostess and just recently made the switch to serving - I'm still trying to decide which position I like better. I have made wonderful friends there and I love going in to work.

I love organization and all things to do with organizing. I make my own academic planners and hold a lot of pride in them. My closet and bookcases are color coordinated and I spend a lot of my time trying to convince my sister to be more organized :) I also love reading on my nook (Barnes & Noble eReader) and baking.

I feel like this introduction is becoming very long-winded but I will definitely answer any questions if you have them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment